Sunday, June 19, 2011

Indecisive Decisions...

I've decided to continue with my move and I think most are for it. After weighing the pros and cons, moving is clearly the best option. Today I'm packing.

Went to the store, bought paper china so I can pack all dishes and most cookware and two giant rolls of packing tape because I finished the first already. Boxes are stacked everywhere and I'm starting to feel like I've accomplished something yay.

Next...

Went to visit a friend yesterday. She's spent more than 40 years of her life married to a jerk whose head I'd like to take a baseball bat to. My Dad would have knocked this guy out if he'd ever met him.

SPEAKING of DAD! Today is Father's day!!! I love my Dad, he's the most amazing man walking planet Earth. My parents are absolute gems and have nothing whatsoever to do with the cause of my fragmentation. I wish every child born could experience a life with a father like mine. I am more blessed than I should be, they are too good for me. My dad "adopts" every friend I ever brought home...even now when all his own children have been out and on their own for years, our friends from years gone by still call our Dad on Father's day because he's incredible.

Now THERE'S something EVERYONE on the inside agrees with - Dad is the best daddy ever.

When my little ones are afraid, they often wish that he was near. We know that if he is near, we are safe and there's no harm that could come within a million miles of us. Too bad we live so far away from our wonderful parents.

It wasn't that long ago, maybe 3 months or less that the little ones understood he was their father too. They didn't know that my parents were also theirs and when they discovered that, they were OVERJOYED and we all stayed on that high for quite sometime. It's meant a great deal to them in the healing process and just the understanding of that fact is such a treasure.

2 comments:

  1. I'm lucky enough to have a really amazing parent, too. My Mom is really awesome - I'm glad to see someone else that's got to have that particular joy. I'm just starting to read your blog now, so hello, new friend-in-the-ether!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really did luck out - lots of multis come from really messed up families - boy are we blessed! Nice to meet ya!

    ReplyDelete

Say it yeaux