Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Nightmares

Today I read a question from someone on facebook about nightmares and how sometimes it gets to where you have difficulty differientiating between what is real and what is dream or memory. I have this theory that they come because they need to get out. I hate them.

Ever have them where they seemingly knock you out for a few days? I've had several like that. I read somewhere else that there is an actual nightmare disorder of sorts. Not sure what its called, but that's interesting to know none-the-less.

Went for a sleep study about two years ago. The gentleman administring the study told me that he had been doing his job since sleep studies were do-able and he'd never seen anyone dream as much as I did. On average, I remember 15-20 dreams a night and I wake up after almost all of them. I wake up more than that apparently, but I don't notice.

Ever get stuck in a dream and can't wake up? I suppose everyone does that.

T thinks that my dreams are indicators of how I became multiple. I sometimes think my T is as crazy as I am, but I adore her just the same.

I don't like scary dreams, but then...who does? I think that's where all those freaky comic books and gory movies and horror novels come from because how else can people come up with the sick stuff they do??? I'd love to know where my dreams originate from because some days I'd really love to turn them off so the body can rest.

Team reactions to dreams:

Day timers, or the Alpha team usually know that dreams are happening and will often jolt us out of a bad one or at least settle the little ones down when the body physically wakes up.

Body team - would prefer to stay under the covers or hide in the shower for hours in the dark. Sick ain't it??

Night team - most of the littles are a part of the night team, many of them do not sleep at all. Some of them are so sweet though. I enjoy waking up to pictures they've colored or drawn while the majority of everyone else is asleep, although they know now that they should only do that when an adult is up with them. I don't think they sleep at all at night, their little internal clocks are so backwards. They feel safest when things are quiet, but the dreams shake things up like craZay!

I am so sleepy I can hardly finish this post. Maybe I'll post the night's adventures next.....

1 comment:

  1. Nightmares have haunted me since I was little. I finally did remember some and like you said it is hard to know which is real and which is trying to make sense of a reaction to what I saw or possibly a movie or book. I finally decide that dreams are like stews, all sorts of things get thrown and brewed together and one thing influences and changes the others. I use sleep deprivation to stop the dreams. I think my goal this year is to remember.

    ReplyDelete

Say it yeaux