Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Triggering rant

Ah blog world, you're like my own little journal entry space that no one in the household could ever get into. Nice.

SO....I haven't posted since August 1 or something like that? I have a few drafts saved in here that never seemed to get finished, we'll see how this one goes.

At the time of my last post I was still riding off the high of having moved into my new apartment and loving being out of where I was and how thrilled I was at my coffee pot purchase. Back to normal now UPdownUPdownUPdown. Sometimes I'd swear there were bi-polar people, but really it's not that anyone is bi-polar, they're just polar opposites from one another. I supposed that is a sort of Bi-Polar all it's own isn't it?

This is a possibly triggering rant, so read at your own discretion. (I've been learning about 'triggers')

I am annoyed. Work is insane. My insides are flipping out for no apparent reason and not telling me why. I'm proud that I cried in front of my therapist for the first time and we've made some real progress after taking a 2 month break, but honestly, I'm ready for another one. I can't do therapy and work and function all at the same time, I need to as a treasured friend put it, "pace myself". Today and the last few days while at work, I daydream about death and how nice a way out it seems sometimes. I have a poem that reads "peace only comes with the grave". Parts say, "That's absurd! We know better through Yeshua!" But most say, "Yeah, we agree" I even hesitate going to sessions for the sheer fact that I feel like I'm wasting her time because right now, I'm not willing to work to get better anymore, I just want it over. It feels like this tohu v'bohu will never end - and I know a further depth of the meaning of that phrase and that's exactly how I feel.

She promises things will change and while I see myself taking steps forward, it's like with each one, there are three steps back...sort of like the economy, I keep going into debt to make the here and now a little bit better and I'm feeling the heat of the creditor telling me to pay up. In many ways I feel ready to 'pay up'. I could spend hours apologizing to her because she's so lovingly poured so much into me and here I am just wishing I wasn't. I feel like the most prideful, ungrateful, selfish person in the world. See how many "I"s are in this paragraph? I'm more blessed than I ever deserve and have a crew full of people who love me and this.

SO, I went to a Dr. and they are putting me on a low dose anti-depressant. I thought it was the first time for me to try anything like this, BUT I remembered that when I was 16, my OB/GYN put me on Prozac for a time when I was going crazy. I think that if therapy is going to work, there has to be at least two willing participants: A) therapist and B) client. It doesn't work so well when one decides to call it quits and I'm SO THERE.

Last Thursday - gone, I have no idea where it went, no idea what happened. The team tells me, "It was business as usual." 2 weeks between May and June - gone, still don't know anything about that. I'm back to cutting and daydreaming about things that I ought not - something is not right here. I'm tired, so very very tired. I keep telling myself that things will be better and I can sleep this off, but every morning when I wake up (if I was lucky enough to sleep longer than a cat nap) this thing hangs over me. I am not afraid of casting out demons- I've had a lot of practice on both sides of it and know how to war. I just don't have the fight in me anymore.

Here's to the meds, may they kick in quickly before I start packing my stuff and planning my will again. I can be so stupid.

Sorry, bad day. I'll sleep this off.

1 comment:

  1. Bummer. I hated the back slides that happen all to often. I once joked with my counselor that the advantage of hitting bottom again, it is familiar territory. I learned a lot about baby steps. Many many baby steps.

    ReplyDelete

Say it yeaux